Getting Ready For The Parivrtta Trikonasana Revolved Triangle Pose:
- Stand straight with feet hip distance apart, arms relaxed on the sides of the body.
- Now open the legs more than hip distance apart (almost 4-5 inches apart).
- Raise both arms up and bring them parallel to the ground.
Entering The Posture of Parivrtta Trikonasana Revolved Triangle Pose:
- Turn the right foot to the right side and left foot also towards the right side. Both the toes are pointing to the right.
- Twist you spine and bring left hand down to the right foot. Right hand faces up towards the ceiling forming straight line. Right shoulder is also stretched up.
- Both the knees and legs are stretched out straight.
- Look up at the right hand.
- Hold on to the posture
- Raise your left hand and shoulder. Bring both the arms parallel to the ground.
- Now repeat to the other side.
Coming Out Of The Posture:
- Bring body back to the centre forward position.
- Release the arms, bring both feet hip distance apart and relax.
- Inhale while raising arms parallel to the ground
- Exhale while bending or touching left hand to the right foot.
- Long and deep breathing while holding the posture
- Inhale while raising left arm back to the centre forward position.
- Repeat the same breathing while practicing from the other side.
- Normal breathing as body is out and relaxing from the posture.
- While balancing the body
- To the spine and the waist during the twist
- Towards the breathing.
Benefits of Parivrtta Trikonasana Revolved Triangle Pose:
- Stretches and tones the muscles on the waist, spine, legs.
- Stimulates nervous system.
- Improves digestion.
- Those with lower back or any major spinal problems must avoid this asana.
- People facing the frozen shoulder issue must practice this asana slowly and as per their physical capability.
Also read: https://www.hithyoga.com/patanjali-and-how-was-yoga-born/