Entering the posture:
- Stand with feet hip distance apart, shoulders relaxed, spine & neck straight
- Raise both arms over the head and lock the fingers, palms facing upwards.
- Stretch the arms towards the ceiling. Spine, waist and shoulders also stretched out.
- Gently raise the heels of both feet. Try to balance.
- Look straight or just a level above the front linear gaze. The sight doesn’t move or change during the practice.
- Inhale and exhale long breaths while staying in the posture.
Coming out of Posture:
- Bring the heels down- feet completely on the mat.
- Relax the stretch, release the lock. Place the arms down near the body.
- Relax the eyes.
- Inhale while entering posture.
- Inhale and exhale while holding on to the posture
- Exhale while releasing the asana
- While stretching- to the spine, Shoulders, arms and waist.
- While holding on the posture, awareness towards breathing.
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Firms body muscles (especially around abdominal area), tones the nervous system.
- Relieves sciatica