Warrior III Pose is also known as Virabhadrasana III is the Sanskrit language. The Virbhadra asana is divide into words like Virabhadra which means the name of a fierce warrior, an incarnation lord shiva describes as having a thousand heads, a thousand eyes, and a thousand feet, wielding a thousand clubs and wearing a tiger’s skin. The meaning of Warrior III Pose is unique and keeps importance as the asana does.
This pose is very useful to lose extra fat on tummy and also controls the high blood pressure due to which many other health problems may arise. It makes our daily routine easier, and we would be ourselves like the warrior fighting from various illness. Yoga practice improves our inner immunity. In this article we are going to learn the Steps and Benefits of Warrior III ( Virabhadrasana III) in detail.
Steps of doing Warrior III or Virbhadraasana III:
- Stand in a pose of Tadasana or the mountain pose. Exhale your breath and fold forward to Uttanasana. From Uttanasana , exhale and step your left foot back into a high lunge position. Your right knee should be in right angle approximately. Then try to be in the position to lay the midline of your torso down on the midline of the right thigh and bring your hands to your right knee, right hand to the outer knee, and left hand to the inner. Squeeze the knee with your hands and lift your torso slightly, and exhale by turning slightly to the right.
- Secondly, from the lunge position, stretch your arms forward and parallel to the floor and parallel to each other also. Palms must be facing each other. Synchronizing the straightening of the front leg and lifting of the back leg.
- Release the hip towards the floor until the two hip points are even and parallel to the floor. Energize the back leg and extend it strongly towards the wall behind you.
- Bring your head up slightly and look forward.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds and then release the pose and exhale.
- Repeat the same asana on the other side with the same length of time duration.
Benefits of doing Warrior III or Virbhadraasana III
- Warrior III Pose helps in controlling high blood pressure.
- It strengthens the ankle position and legs.
- It helps in strengthening the shoulders and muscles of the back.
- Warrior III Pose asana helps in toning the abdomen because stretching implies in this asana.
- Warrior III Pose helps in improving the ability to balance the body and posture.