Starting posture for Ananda Balasana Happy Baby Pose:
Lie down in supine position. Relax the body.
Entering the posture of Ananda Balasana Happy Baby Pose:
- Bend both the knees, bring the thighs closer to the chest.
- Sole of the feet facing up towards the ceiling.
- Lock both the toes from the fingers or grip the outsides of your feet with your hands.
- Open your knees from more than the torso widening the pelvic muscles.
- Use the hands to push the knees down towards the ground, thighs perpendicular to the floor.
Coming out of the posture:
- Release your hands and place your legs back down to the mat.
- Relax your body.
- Exhale while the bending both the knees and bring it close to the chest.
- Inhale while stretching and placing the legs back to the mat.
Towards the lower back and the breathing.
Benefits of Ananda Balasana Happy Baby Pose:
- Releases lower back and sacrum.
- Opens hips, inner thighs, and groin.
- Stretches the hamstrings.
- Relieves lower back pain.
- Stretches and soothes the spine.
- Calms the brain.
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue.
People with knee joint issues or neck injury should not perform this yoga pose.