Easy Pose is also known as Sukhasana in the Sanskrit language. It is a simple and sitting posture which millions of people do by sitting cross legged and relax .when it is done as an easy and simple pose with clear intention is known as Sukhasana. This Pose leads to the people towards the meditation and revealing the immense joy present within your heart. This Pose is easy and comfortable. The word sukha can also mean happy or joyful. Yoga is the perfect way to go on an inner journey of the Self and this journey starts with the support of three important aspects-Asanas, Pranayama, and Meditation. This asana is one of the relaxing asana.
Steps of doing Easy Pose or Sukhasana
- Extend the sides of the body and lift the spine.
- Sit on twice folded blankets with your legs extended in front of you.
- Bend your knees, and cross your right shin in front of your left shin.
- Move the knees closer together until your feet are directly underneath them.
- Interlace your fingers, extend your arms overhead and stretch.
- Continue the Pose by lengthening the body sides, and by lifting the spine and sitting straight.
- Moving up from the sacrum and lower back to the upper back and chest.
- Release the Pose by changing the cross of your legs and the interlacing of your fingers, and repeat.
- Remain in the pose for few minutes and concentrate.
- Relax the legs, open the hips and rest your head.
Benefits of Easy Pose or Sukhasana
- Easy Pose or Sukhasana helps in supporting the hips.
- It helps in relieving the knees pain.
- Easy Pose or Sukhasana ease the lower back when gets tired.
- It also helps in relaxing tight shoulders, and it removes the tensions of shoulders and arms.
- It calms the mind and body both.
- One feels free from all anxiety, stress, and depression.
- This asana gives mental peace and improves concentration.