Do you find yourself trying the most expensive and experimental products for your skin, only to find that none work? That is perhaps because truly beautiful skin comes from the inside. Even when you protect your face from pollution and religiously apply sunscreen, you may always be susceptible to acne, dry skin, or drabness because your internal system may be working against you. While taking supplements and pills may be an option, their side effects may simply not be worth it. So, what can you do?
A lot! Ancient Indian wisdom is full of natural techniques and skills that you can apply to everyday life for glowing skin, with no side effects or extra effort required. Read on to find out what can help you achieve that coveted glow –
- Shavanasa (Corpse Pose) – Achieving a healthy glow has never been easier – the corpse pose requires you to simply lay down in the correct position, and relax. Usually done at the end of a workout, this asana helps in restoring the body back to normal functioning and helps in removing toxins and negative thoughts from the body.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) – A series of twelve asanas going in a seamless flow, the Surya Namaskar has long been recognized as the ultimate toning and strengthening exercise. It helps in improving metabolism and digestion, and a few rounds will definitely have you sweating, all of which means clearer, healthier skin.
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand) – While difficult to master, this pose promises healthy skin by improving circulation to the upper body and promoting an all-around toned and taut body with a fired-up metabolism and the ability to remove negative toxins.
Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- Kapalbhati – Known literally as the shining technique, this breathing practice is known to help in blood purification and digestion. It also enhances lung capacity and oxygen supply to the organs, all of which means a healthy and balanced internal system that reflects in your skin.
- Bhastrika – Literally translated to the breath of fire, this asana involves forceful breathing that removes cardiovascular blocks, enhances oxygen levels in the body, and improves digestion. However, it produces a significant amount of body heat, so be careful in the summer months and make sure to hydrate well.
- Anulom Vilom – This technique of breathing through alternative nostrils is known to bring balance to both the physical and mental elements of the body, and improves circulation, promotes relaxation, and removes toxins from the body.
Diet Tips –
- Hydrate – If you are doing everything right and still not seeing any results, chances are that you are missing the very simple – and very crucial – element of water. Water is necessary to keep blood flowing, prevent indigestion and remove impurities. It also directly impacts the skin, helping improve the suppleness and texture of the skin. So ensure that you drink water regularly throughout the day.
- Food Matches – According to Ayurveda, there are some food groups that simply do not go together – think dairy and fish, for example. When these disparate foods are consumed together, you may face indigestion, bloating and other issues, which would also show its impact on your skin through oiliness, acne, or patchiness. So make sure that your food groups are balanced well to ensure that you do not face these issues.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast – One of the worst eating habits followed by most people is skipping breakfast. Not having a meal early in the day means that you deprive your body of the fuel it needs to function, which in turn means that you face tiredness, gas, and acidity. This can also drive up the consumption of fast foods and sugary products such as snack bars, which in turn can promote acne and other skin problems. So, never skip your breakfast.
Now that you have these pointers, you can actively integrate them into your life and within a few weeks, you will be able to see the results for yourself.