What’s Inside –
- Why improving blood circulation is important for your health
- Yoga poses to help improve your circulation
- Want to learn these poses and more? Join us at Hith Yoga!
Keep It Pumping – Why Blood Circulation is Important
One of the most vital functions in our bodies is carried out by the heart – that of pumping blood and ensuring that it reaches all corners of the body. This is, of course, important because this blood carries the oxygen and nutrients required for our cells to carry out their work effectively.
While blood circulation happens in our body naturally, that does not mean that we cannot contribute to the process through physical exercises, such as yoga poses. Working towards improving your blood circulation means that your organs get the supply of oxygen and nutrients that they need and that they remain in their best functioning order. Good blood circulation is also central to immunity, as the white blood cells that fight off pathogens are transported via blood. Above all, good blood circulation is essential because the lack of it can lead to numerous problems, such as fatigue, slow wound healing, hair loss, etc.
Many mistakenly believe that due to its apparently gentle nature, Yoga does not provide the kind of increased heart rate and blood circulation that western cardio does – but nothing can be further from the truth. Yoga poses can not only improve overall blood circulation but also help direct blood flow towards certain organs, such as the abdomen or the thyroid glands, to help them perform their functions more effectively. In addition, you also reap the other benefits of yoga, including better strength, flexibility, and stress management. Hence, yoga training can be a great way to improve your blood circulation.
Yoga Poses to Try –
Whether it be a boost to the entire body or flow of blood towards some particular organ or regions, integrating these yoga poses into your yoga training can be a great way to boost your circulation and enjoy the other benefits of yoga at the same go –
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog) – One of the best known and recommended yoga poses, this asana is a must-have in your yoga training repertoire. The gravitational effect in this asana helps in improving circulation towards the upper regions of the body, and it also stretches and strengthens the legs.
- Viparita Karani (Legs Up the Way Pose) – Another great way to improve blood circulation in the upper regions of the body, this asana is also great for stress and anxiety reduction, improving backaches, and putting some life back into tired feet.
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior I, II, III) – This sequence of three powerful poses hone your focus, help you tap into your breathing, and strengthen and lengthen all parts of your body while boosting your blood circulation. It also helps in toning and strengthening the core and the legs.
- Halasana (Plough Pose) – If you are looking for something challenging, why not add this complete inversion into your yoga training? The ultimate stretch for the legs and the back, this asana also promotes calmness and focus, and helps in pushing blood flow to the upper regions of the body.
- Ananda Balsana (Happy Baby Pose) – Bring out both the benefits of yoga and your inner child with this pose, which provides a deep stretch to the hips, helps in improving blood flow towards the lower regions of the body, and also promotes relaxation and de-stressing.
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose) – Give your torso a good stretch and engage your legs and abdomen with this twisting asana which also helps in improving blood flow towards the torso by opening up the chest and the lungs. It is also a great way to stretch your obliques and sides and get rid of pent-up tension.
Want to Tap Into the Benefits of Yoga? Hith Yoga Studio Awaits?
Not only can yoga help improve your blood flow, but it can also be a barrier against stress and anxiety, help you improve your strength and flexibility, lose weight, improve balance, stability and posture and much, much more. If you want to explore the benefits of yoga and yoga training with the experts, look no further than Hith Yoga. One of the most reputed and established yoga studios in Delhi-NCR, Hith Yoga combines highly qualified and experienced teaching with the best of ambience and a holistic approach to yoga training. To top it all off, Hith Yoga also offers personal training and regular yoga retreats, so that you can go beyond the yoga studio and enjoy the benefits of yoga anytime, anywhere at your convenience. So join us, and experience the best of yoga with Hith Yoga.