- Sit in vajrasana (sitting on the knees- hips on heels)
- Now take left knee one big step towards left and right knee a big step towards the right.
- The toes will be touching each other and heels apart, hips on the heels.
- Both the hands to be kept on the mat between the knees
- The position of the hand will be facing inwards (fingers towards the body palms facing outwards).
Entering the posture:
- Stretch the arms straight.
- Push the lower back towards mat- arch the spine
- Bend the head backwards- chin up
- Attention towards the mid of the eyebrow (agya chakra)
- Look towards the ceiling- pupils upwards
- Shoulders relaxed.
- Relax body and mind.
- Hold on to the posture
Coming out of the posture
- Straighten the head and spine
- Relax the arms, bring knees together
- Release the hands
- You can sit in vajrasana and relax for some time or release the posture and come to sukhasana (cross legged posture) and relax.
- You can leave the posture whenever you feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Once you enter into the posture, inhale while tilting the head back and stretching the back.
- Take long breaths in and out while in the posture.
- Exhale while coming out of the posture.
Awareness: On spine, shoulders and legs while stretching
- Body enters in total physical stability.
- Helps body to enter into the meditative state
People with knee injury, surgery or Joint issues should avoid this asana