Meditation refers to the process of becoming mindful, aware, and relaxed in order to promote inner calmness and cognitive and emotional clarity. Contrary to popular belief, meditation does not just involve closing your eyes and letting your unconscious take over. Rather, it is a conscious process where you select particular objects or ideas to focus on, or passively observe your stream of consciousness as it goes through your mind. Thus, the idea is not to strain yourself and focus on nothing, but rather to relax and focus on the inner world of your mind.
Mediation as a practice is known to have several benefits for mind, body, and overall wellbeing, some of which include –
- A Calmer You – Perhaps the most beneficial (and sought-after) effect of meditation is its ability to control and decrease negative emotional and cognitive experiences such as stress, anxiety, and anger. Indeed, meditation can help control almost every unproductive emotion an individual can face and enables a more rational, balanced and productive outlook towards otherwise frustrating situations.
- Better Days and Night – Meditation can help in boosting energy, and reduce blockages such as frustration and stress so that you can focus on making decisions and doing things. Alongside, meditation can also help in ensuring that you go to bed relaxed, without intrusive thoughts and tensions to keep you company. This means better sleep, and a better you tomorrow, and the cycle continues as you reach new heights of productivity.
- Improves Immune System – Yes, regular practice of meditation can help improve your immunity levels. This benefit comes from the many physical improvements that mediation promotes, such as lowering blood pressure and muscle and joint problems, etc., and some studies have also suggested that meditation can even alter gene expression.
- A Grounding Wire – The modern world with its technology and fast-pace can often leave a lot of us feeling lonely, disconnected and out of tune with things. Meditation gives you the time to slow down, take in your surroundings and life, reflect on your challenges and achievements, and connect with the larger scheme of things.
- A Stepping Stone – Mediation is an easy form of mind and body exercise that you can undertake anywhere, at any time. Thus, it can become a great way for you to integrate more fitness and health activities into your schedule. A ten meditation session can slowly become an hour of yoga, and before you know it, you will be on the path to wellbeing.
If you want to reap in the benefits of meditation but are unsure of how to organize yourself and meditate properly, you will do well with the advice and guidance of experts who are experienced and well-versed in teaching. Get in touch with us at Hith Yoga, located in Defence Colony and Gurgaon, for meditation classes and workshops, all of which are conducted in serene environments with an objective to help you. Alongside this, you can also give a try to some yoga classes, which will accelerate you on the path to wellness. So come by for the best meditation classes and workshops in Delhi, and experience the many positives of meditation yourself.
Enjoy the meditation videos from our teachers