Signs of premature aging – grey hair, wrinkles, drab skin, and a sloped posture – are not just confidence killers. Premature aging on your face and body is the number one indicator that your health may not be getting the priority it needs and deserves. While it is true that youth eventually fades, there is no reason why you should not look happy, healthy and young at any age. However, factors such as stress, pollution, poor eating habits and lack of exercise can all add years to our face and body before we realize it.
When it comes to keeping a youthful appearance, few practices help as much as yoga does. Here is how yoga can keep you looking young –
- Keep Away Age-Related Woes – You will certainly begin to feel your age when your body starts to throw up ailments and discomforts of various types, such as arthritis and digestive issues. Regular practice of yoga ensures that all the systems of your body continue to function optimally as you grow older, which means fewer medications, fewer side effects, and a more youthful body and appearance.
- Shed Stress – Stress and other forms of mental strains have been recognized as a major aging factor, from greying hairs to promoting negative behavior such as smoking, which can further deteriorate the condition of your body. Yoga can help reduce stress and negativity in a natural way through breathing exercises, asanas, and meditation.
- Sharpen Your Mind – Being young is not just about looking young – it is also about having a focused, active mind that can take on the challenges of daily life. Regular practice of yoga can enhance your concentration, discipline, and memory, while also protecting neurological connections in the brain, thus ensuring that you are always at your cognitive best.
- Maintain Flexibility – Poor posture and low mobility are two major signs of aging, both of which can be kept in check via yoga. A gentle exercise that both strengthens and stretches, yoga helps in keeping all your muscle groups tuned up with plenty of oxygen and blood supply so that your body always has youthful spring.
- Sleep Better – Lack of sleep can increase aging, visible in both external features and poor working of internal features. The body repairs itself during sleep, and lack of quality sleep can also wreak havoc on your daily routine. Yoga helps you in getting a good night’s rest, thus helping in keep a youthful appearance.
Thus, yoga not only helps in preventing the occurrence of the physical markers of aging, such as wrinkles and grey hair, it also works inside the body to ensure that your vital organs and mind also remain youthful and healthy. So go ahead and try yoga, and see the difference yourself.
And if you are looking for an expert, professional guidance by the most experienced of teachers, try a few classes at Hith Yoga Studio. With individualized focus, comfortable ambience and the most holistic knowledge of yogic systems, Hith Studio will ensure that all your health goals, whether they are maintaining youth or losing weight, are met for your holistic benefit.