Lie down in supine position. Relax the body.
Entering the posture:
- Bend both the knees, bring the thighs closer to the chest.
- Sole of the feet facing up towards the ceiling.
- Lock both the toes from the fingers or grip the outsides of your feet with your hands.
- Open your knees from more than the torso widening the pelvic muscles.
- Use the hands to push the knees down towards the ground, thighs perpendicular to the floor.
Coming out of the posture:
- Release your hands and place your legs back down to the mat.
- Relax your body.
- Exhale while the bending both the knees and bring it close to the chest.
- Inhale while stretching and placing the legs back to the mat.
Towards the lower back and the breathing.
People with knee joint issues or neck injury should not perform this asana.