Bad indigestion is the reason for many physical ailments, which can prove to be fatal in some cases. According to Ayurveda, the root cause of all disorders lie in poor digestion. That is why it is imperative that our digestive fire should remain strong so that productivity of life is increased. Some of the tips to develop better digestive system are :
- Agni helps to digest what we ingest. In Ayurveda, Agni is said to be the source of awareness and wisdom. It affects the body and mind on many pedestals and also awakens the process of central digestive power. Hence, Agni is the gatekeeper of good health. Yoga stimulates this Agni and brings about a balance in metabolism.
- Yoga asanas stretch the body, massaging the abdominal muscles and causing the food to efficiently go along the digestive tract.
- Bowel movement is regularised and constipation is relieved through the process of Yoga.
- Yoga also induces blood circulation into the digestive organs and thus aiding digestion.
- Regular practice of Yoga discourages fatty deposits and toning the stomach and butt.
- The body is effectively detoxed. toxins accumulated from a bad diet, unhealthy lifestyles and stress are flushed. Thus Yoga is the greatest boon for digestion.
See Also: Yoga Poses for a Better Metabolism
Also Visit: Meditation 101: The Workshop for beginners