The reason why most people feel that their meditation does not go deep or is not clear enough is due to the lack of intensity of focus. So the main aim should be to create a conducive environment where a sense of serenity and calmness permeates. Given below are some of the steps to enhance the meditation experience.
- It is important to prepare a schedule for yourself as to the time you will practice meditation. It is advisable to perform the same in the morning as the environment remains quiet and enhances one can easily concentrate on the practice. However, when you do, it doesn’t matter, as long as you are not interrupted.
- Once you are settled in a quiet place, you can defocus your eyes, gazing softly into the middle distance. Take five deep, audible breaths and close your eyes on the last. This will help to concentrate.
- The best process to stop your mind from hovering around and enhance focus, is to scan your body. Slowly turn your mind inwards. Scan your body from head to toe, observing any tension or discomfort. Just simply take a note of what is inside you.
- In order to enhance the concentration level, you can bring your attention to your breath. Just observe the rising and falling sensation that it creates in your body. Don’t “do” anything. Let the flow of thoughts pervade the mind uninterrupted.
- It is also advisable to allow the mind to be free. You can spend 20-30 seconds, just sitting. It is okay to feel inundated with unnecessary thoughts and plans. Also, try to carry awareness with you for the next activity. Keep reminding yourself what it feels to have clarity and focused attention.
See Also: What is the best time to do Yoga?
Also Visit: Meditation 101: The Workshop for beginners