- Lie down on the mat in the prone position, feet joined and stretched out, Chin on the mat, body relaxed.
Entering the posture:
- Place your palms near the shoulders, forearms and elbows on the mat touching the side ribs.
- Gently raise the head, chest and shoulders up by placing the palms and elbows parallel to each other. Forearms and hands on the mat.
- Arch the upper spinal area.
- Loosen up the shoulders. Relax the body in the asana. Take 3-5 breaths.
Coming out of the posture:
- Gently bring the head, shoulders and chest down on the mat
- Release the hands, relax the arms
- Lie down in the prone posture and relax.
- Inhale while raising the head and the chest up while entering the posture.
- While holding the posture take 3-5 long and deep breaths.
- Exhale while coming out of the posture.
- Take normal breaths while relaxing in prone position.
- Shoulders and spine.
- Full awareness on the breathing.
- Strengthens arms
- Good for stiff backs